Employee Relocation to Finland - Support for Foreign Companies
Employee Relocation to FinlandUpdated on Monday 09th January 2023
Rate this article
based on 1 reviews
based on 1 reviews
Employee relocation to Finland is subject to specific requirements and visas issued to workers who can be transferred from one country to another while employed for companies that are connected. The transfer procedure is not complicated, however, it requires attention.
If you are interested in personnel relocation to Finland, our law firm can help you. Our Finnish lawyers are at your disposal with tailored services related to employee transfers to this country.
Employee relocation to Finland – procedure and steps
In order to transfer workers to Finland, a company must respect several conditions followed by applying for the intra-company transfer (ICT) permit for the respective worker/workers.
Both the transferring company and the transferee must meet specific requirements and complete a few steps for correct personnel relocation to Finland, as follows:
- the company must make sure it meets the requirements to transfer employees;
- the employee(s) must be eligible for an intra-corporate transfer permit;
- the application is filed with the Finnish embassy/consulate in the country of the employee on his/her end.
Our immigration lawyers in Finland are at the service of foreign employees and companies seeking to transfer workers here.
Personnel relocation to Finland and its requirements
As mentioned earlier, employee relocation to Finland is subject to certain requirements at both company and worker ends.
Here are the main aspects to consider:
- you are moving internally inside a business or group of businesses to work as a manager, specialist, or trainee in Finland;
- the host firm, or the business for which you will work in Finland, must be be a subsidiary or branch of a multinational corporation.
There can also be 2 or more companies in the group of enterprises.
Obtaining an ICT permit in Finland is a straightforward process, however, it still requires attention. In this case, you can rely on our lawyers in Finland for support in drafting the necessary documents.
Conditions for employees to be transferred to Finland
One of the most important aspects to consider about personnel relocation to Finland targets employees. In this sense, the following clarifications must be made:
- specialist means a person with in-depth knowledge essential to the Finnish company’s areas of activity, techniques or management;
- manager means a person holding a senior position, who will take over the management of the Finnish entity;
- trainee means a person who is transferred to the Finnish in order to obtain training in business techniques or methods.
Apart from these, the ICT holder must be able to sustain him/herself in Finland using the money you earn through employment throughout the whole period that residence permit is valid.
The application can be filed online or in person and is subject to a specific fee, depending on the type of procedure selected. The validity of this type of work visa depends on the duration of the employment contract.
No matter the way you decide to transfer employees to Finland, you can also rely on our lawyers for support in Employment Law matters.
Our lawyers are also at the service of those who want to immigrate to Finland through other means. Finnish residency implies living in this country for a pre-established period of time and in accordance with certain legal conditions. If you are planning to move here and need support, we are at your disposal with various services. Do not hesitate to write or call us for guidance on the best approach in your case.
How many immigrants are there in Finland?
According to the latest information gathered by Statista.com, the highest number of immigrants entering Finland fluctuated in the past few years as follows:
- in 2019, 32,758 foreign citizens migrated to Finland;
- in 2020, the number was slightly higher with 32,898 immigrants coming to Finland;
- 2021 was the year with one of the largest numbers of immigrants - 36,364 people came to the country.
If you are interested in employee relocation to Finland and need support, do not hesitate to contact our lawyers.