Immigrate to Finland from UK - Tailored Support for British Citizens
Immigrate to Finland from UKUpdated on Friday 19th August 2022
Rate this article
based on 1 reviews
based on 1 reviews
British citizens who enter Finland after Brexit do not need a visa if they do not stay here for more than 3 months. However, this is not the case of those seeking to immigrate to Finland from UK for a longer period, case in which a residence permit is required.
Below, our immigration lawyers in Finland invite you to discover the steps and procedures you need to follow in order to legally move here. You can also rely on us if you want to move to Finland from another country.
Residency options for those who immigrate to Finland from the United Kingdom
When you decide on immigration to Finland as a British national, you have two options: to apply for a temporary stay visa or for permanent residency. However, it should be noted that this last option is available through special programs only, such as the investment visa.
No matter the way you plan to immigrate to Finland from UK, it is best to check the relocation requirements first. Our lawyers can advise on the latest conditions.
Temporary residency can be obtained under several grounds. If you want to relocate to Finland from the UK based on this type of document, you can obtain permit that enables you to stay here for one year or for a maximum period of 4 years. You can also renew such a residence visa until you become eligible for permanent residence.
Feel free to address our Finnish lawyers for detailed information on all your options in order to choose the best type of permit for you.
Immigration to Finland from the United Kingdom based on employment
One of the simplest ways to immigrate to Finland from UK is obtaining a work permit. This implies a few steps, such as:
- securing employment with a Finnish company;
- the Finnish company will start the immigration process;
- the type of residence permit you will obtain will have the same validity as the employment contract;
- you can extend your stay here for up to 4 years, case in which you will become eligible for permanent residency.
Feel free to address our immigration lawyers in Finland about the work permits for foreign nationals.
If you decide to move to Finland from the United Kingdom, we can assist with the preparation of all documents.
Documents required to obtain residence permit as a UK citizen
The documents you need to draft and submit if you immigrate to Finland from UK imply a valid passport no matter the type of permit you apply for. Then, you need to prepare various papers in accordance with the reason of relocation. Among these:
- employment contract if you relocate to Finland from the UK based on work;
- documents attesting to the creation of a company if you will start a business and want to move here to manage it;
- proof of your qualifications if you are a professional and will operate here as a self-employed person.
To access to the residency by investment program, you need to meet additional requirements. The first one refers to your age which cannot be lower than 21 and higher than 60. You also need to invest at least 350,000 EUR in a business venture.
Alternatively, if you want to relocate here by starting a business, you can rely on our lawyers in Finland to register any type of enterprise.
How many British citizens live in Finland?
After the completion of Brexit, the number of British citizens leaving their country has increased. According to news, many of them have chosen Finland, as follows:
- 800 British citizens have left the UK for Finland and obtained citizenship since 2016, when the Brexit issued was first discussed;
- ever since, 2,800 more British citizens have moved to Finland;
- at the end of 2020, the total number of UK citizens living here was about 5,000.
If you want to immigrate to Finland from UK, contact our lawyers who will guide you.